“The Supreme Court on Tort: Intention, Independent Contractors and Illegality”
A PNBA online seminar Monday 27th April 2020 on the three Supreme Court tort decisions in April 2020.
The Supreme Court handed down judgment in three landmark cases on 1st April this year:
- WM Morrisons Supermarkets plc v Various Claimants  UKSC 12;
- Barclays Bank Plc v Various Claimants  UKSC 13 and
- Whittington Hospital NHS Trust v XX  UKSC 14.
The PNBA presents a seminar discussing these cases, putting them into the context and exploring the impact they are likely to have in the field of professional negligence.
The seminar will be chaired by Paul Mitchell QC and the speakers will be:
- James Lee, Reader in English Law, The Dickson Poon School of Law, King’s College London; and Associate Academic Fellow of the Inner Temple
- Paul Mitchell QC – A member of the PNBA executive committee (chair).
- Claire Watson – Junior counsel to the respondent in Whittington v XX.
Members can register for this online seminar by emailing here